Saturday, July 9, 2011

The Lydia Apron

We just got back from a week away and I was thrilled to buy myself a stack of fabric!  I love the colorful selection I found and I am excited about creating new aprons.  So excited, in fact, that I already made a new one.  I am calling this one the Lydia apron.  The other apron I have created I named the Anne apron after my 96 year old grandmother.  This newest creation is named after my other grandmother, who passed away 8 years ago from Alzheimer's Disease.  She was a spunky little lady who I saw all the time since we lived just "next door."  She was always cooking or baking something in her little kitchen and I can imagine she might have worn an apron something like this.  So, with no further ado, I give you the Lydia apron!


This simple but charming apron has two darts in the body of the apron to give it some shape while the wide contrasting ruffle adds some flare!  The waistband matches the ruffle but the white lace trim adds some extra drama!  This apron will be available in my shop later on today.  Remember to check out the sidebar link to my shop to see all the aprons currently available!  Thanks for stopping by!

And, just because I can, I am linking up to these parties:

Out on a Limb Tuesdays with Cat on a Limb

The DIY Show Off

1 comment:

  1. What a cute sassy apron! Thanks for sharing

    I found you through the DIY Showoff link party and am your newest follower. Come check me out, too, if you're interested @ Carissa's Creativity Space

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts with Thumbnails