Thursday, June 30, 2011

Latest Thrifting Treasures

I love our local MCC thrift store and frequent it occasionally (I rarely come home empty handed so I need to limit how often I go - less during the school year, more during the summer). The kids and I biked over yesterday and these are the three treasures I found:

First off, I love footed glass bowls! I have a growing collection. I found this dainty crystal version for $1 then carried it around the store knowing that if I put it in the cart, little Ari was sure to break it. I imagine serving jam in it at a beautiful brunch! I usually make a nice brunch on Saturdays - maybe I will up it a bit and use my really pretty dishes to serve all the food!




Secondly, I found 2 boxes of 4 1/4 x 4 1/4 inch arctic white wall tile by Dal Tile. One case is unopened and one case has only about 5 of the 100 missing. They were $10 per box - new they would have been $0.28 per tile so about $54 for both boxes. Not a massive savings but certainly a deal. I am not sure where they will go but maybe in the powder room?



Finally, this beauty I had seen the week before and I was hoping was still there. I hesitated then and thankfully, no one bought it. At $8, this was the best deal! I told Jay we must name the dress form as that is just what you are supposed to do - he gave several options and finally came up with "Lacey". I liked that one so Lacey she is! She is in need of being recovered but for now, she works just fine like she is. Obviously I couldn't take her with me on the bike so we had to make a return trip to get her and the tiles.




All in all, a successful shopping trip!

Any great thrifting finds you have found recently? Do tell!

1 comment:

  1. The name Lacey is perfect :). I too adore our beloved MCC. I come home with many treasures - books, skirts you'd pay $$$ for if you bought them hot off the rack :), the occasional gently used toy, fabric (just because you never know when you need that little scrap for SOME thing :)...), scarves and accessories, picture frames that I can just spray paint black, etc etc. Really the treasures are endless. AND all those pennies are going for something GOOD too. So, excellent bargains and excellent cause. Win win!!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts with Thumbnails