Wednesday, April 7, 2010

Project 2012

It is official and I am so VERY excited! Remember that piece of property we bought last October? That wonderful 5 acres of possibility? At the time we knew we would be waiting 2, 3 or maybe even 4 years before building our dream house. I was okay with that. Sort of. I was hoping for the 2, Jay was pushing for the 4. We want to pay down as much debt as possible before starting all over again. Guess what? My hopes won! Actually, I had nothing to do with it. One day Jay just said in 2 years. That's right. Only 2 years! So, I have officially dubbed it PROJECT 2012! Now is the time to buckle down and figure out all the nitty gritty details. The more time we have to explore ideas and figure out what exactly we want, hopefully the happier we are with the end results. I have pulled out a binder and filled it with blank papers and dividers and it will be the PROJECT 2012 binder, full of all that we discuss. Hopefully it will help when building time actually arrives. In the meantime, I will share with you a house plan we really, really love! It is the one we keep coming back to time and time again. It needs a bit of modifying to be perfect but it is the best we have seen! It fits our families needs so wonderfully!


A beautiful country-style home for our country-style yard! To see the interior plan itself, click on the link above!

What do you think? What is your dream home style? Modern? Victorian? Cape Cod? Ranch?

Finally, I hope your week is going well. Currently, we are entertaining the flu bug and only myself and RJ have managed to elude it so far. Not an enjoyable past couple of nights! Hopefully the worst is past!

4 comments:

  1. LOVE the style of the house plan, Chantelle. It looks great. For me personally it would be a little too big -- I don't enjoy cleaning enough to have a house bigger than about 1800 sq ft. Mind you, we also have three children, not five, and in a few years you'll have more helpers, so I suppose it evens itself out. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love the house plan! I really enjoy looking at different possibilities for houses. When I was in high school, I would sit with graph paper for hours and draw out different house plans. Love it!

    ReplyDelete
  3. YEAH for Project 2010! I look forward to seeing what you are dreamin' and scheming :)! Perhaps, some time in the not-so-distant-future, we can have another tea and IKEA catalogue kinda evening :).

    ReplyDelete
  4. I. LOVE. WRAP-AROUND. PORCHES.
    LOVE.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts with Thumbnails