Friday, March 12, 2010

Smells Like . . . Spring??!!

With this amazingly balmy +4C weather we have been having lately (could possibly reach double digits this weekend!) I have taken my running outside. Let me tell you, running 3 miles outside seems to go a lot faster than running 3 miles on the treadmill! Thank you, Spring, for making your appearance. And as I am zig-zagging past puddles, sloshing through the slush, and spraying both legs full of grime, I am reveling in the beauty (okay, so early spring is not necessarily beautiful) of this new season. I am thrilled to see the snow disappear even if it means all I see is dirt and gravel everywhere. In this new-found freedom of being able to be outside without bundling up in 7 layers for fear of frostbite to every exposed extremity, I take a deep breath! Big Mistake! A deep breath in spring means only one thing - one thing that will forever be etched in my mind as the first prevailing scent of the season - DOG POOP!! Ah, Spring, how I have missed you!

2 comments:

  1. I've JUST started running to - 3 times so far! Run a driveway, walk a driveway all the way around little old Hepburn! Maybe someday I'll actually run 3 km in a row!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ohhh the great outdoors! Though, you have touched on one of my biggest pet peeves --- being a pet-owner myself, with two littles, I am very very VERY annoyed when people do not clean up after their dogs!!! YUCK! It not only stinks, but I'm paranoid that one of my kids will land face-first in a soggy pile, and it's just plain gross.
    Anyway, now that it's off my chest :) - way to go on the outdoor running thing :). May the spring and summer miles be many and merry :).

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts with Thumbnails