Tuesday, October 20, 2009

Growing Up & Crawling Away!

As is obvious from the title, my littlest babe has mastered the art of crawling! As is usual with my kids, she took the easier approach at first with the commando arm-over-arm army-style of crawl but has recently switched to the traditional method of crawling. And, although I am happy for her developmental progress, it makes me a little sad. See, at this point in the lives of all my other kids, my thoughts would begin to switch to the next baby. After all, little Ari is 8 months old, she is crawling, I am no longer breast-feeding (well, haven't been for a while) - all signs that a new baby would soon be on the way. Not this time. Nope, we decided 5 is all this house and my body can handle. Don't get me wrong - I LOVE being pregnant. I mean, really, really love it. I don't care about the morning sickness or the intense fatigue, the aches and pains or any of the other things - I love being pregnant. I believe I am happiest when a child is growing in my womb. Granted, with each additional pregnancy, I spend more time at the chiropractor as my sacro-iliac joint gets worse and worse and I am afraid to make any move for fear of causing it to separate. That's no fun and neither are the weekly trips in to get adjusted. If it were up to me - and only me - we would have another baby. And another. But the whole family suffers when I am in pain. So, I am a little sad that no other baby will grow in secret in my womb, no other baby will nurse at my breast, no other baby will be completely helpless to move about unless I help him/her. So, although mommy is a little sad, grow on, little Ari! Live and move and have your being! I am so blessed to be your mother. I am so happy you are a part of our family. I am so proud of how you are growing and crawling. Just try not to eat every piece of garbage you find on the floor, okay? ☺

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts with Thumbnails